In Minsk region there is a village Priluki, which preserved manor Czapski. It was built in the 19th century. Is believed that the Palace used the old monastery, located in this place.
The history of the Manor Czapski in Priluki
The village of Priluki, located 15 km from Minsk on the Bank of the river Ptich. The first mention of the settlement dates back to the year 1567. Here earlier was the first post station. In the mid-17th century owner of the village Anna Statkevich (Oginska) founded here Orthodox monastery. It lasted until 1740, when new owners transformed the Ivanovo monastery to the castle. In those times there were legends about the ghosts that lived there. These stories hit the ballad of Anton Edward Odenza about "the enchanted castle".
In 1815 the town was transferred to marshalko gentry Frantisek Ostaco, and after his death to his son in law Anton Gorvatt. He rebuilt the castle into a Palace in neo-Gothic style. The romantic Palace was rebuilt in the Park, built a large Conservatory, clock tower and the complex of outbuildings. Now, the tower, greenhouses and a large part of the Park there are gardens.
Residences of count Emeric Hutten-Czapski Palace in Priluki was in 1872.
After the second world war the Palace was placed research Institute for plant protection, which is responsible for the maintenance of the building and surrounding buildings in good condition.
What to see at the Palace in Priluki
The building is made in neo-Gothic style. Its main feature – turrets, stylized Gothic. Plants around the building are guarded by sculptures of lions. Right to the Palace built outbuilding.
Around the pond at the foot of the mountain (it is also called black pond) are outbuildings belonging to the manor: the former stable, the barn-ledona, house for workers, the unfinished brewery, distillery, backyard and others.
Location on map
Minsk region, Minsk district, Priluki, Mira street, 2 (~10 km from Minsk)
GPS coordinates: 53.79062, 27.45053
Travel from Minsk from the train station, route taxi № 1131,1529 "Station - Atolino".
From bus station "South West" you can go by Shuttle buses № 279 "South-West Atolino", № 213 "South-West - Maripol", № 339 "South-West - Zabolotte" to stop "Priluki"